I recently came across a neat little product, which I would like to share with you today! The TIHK, or Tiny Inconspicuous Handcuff Key, is most likely the smallest prepper gadget you’ve ever seen, and yet, I think it would add some tremendous value to your preps!
What is the TIHK?
The Tiny Inconspicuous Handcuff Key is just what it sounds like! An incredibly small handcuff key that can be easily hidden on your person, and used to unlock peerless handcuffs placed unlawfully. I’m throwing that word around a lot in this post (unlawfully) because I want to be certain that people are not using this tool to get away from professionally trained lawmen and women. If you have broken the law and are lawfully arrested, using this key to escape arrest can have much more significant consequences than your initial illegal actions. The purpose of this key is to evade UNLAWFUL detainment, either as a police/security officer who is detained using his or her own cuffs, as a captured person handcuffed by his/her captor, or in a civil unrest scenario, as a tool to escape marauders. Again, this tool is NOT to be used against legally practicing law enforcement.
What I Liked
- Versatility: The TIHK can be used on all standard “Peerless” style handcuffs, and will also work on most double locking handcuffs. My husband and I tested it out on the Smith and Wesson 100 Handcuffs, and the Peerless 700 Handcuffs, both of which the TIHK was able to easily open.
- Size: At less than an inch long, the TIHK can easily be hidden by a belt loop, or snuck into a small pocket. If you’re not looking specifically for it, you would be hard-pressed to notice something like this. Here it is next to a standard sized handcuff key.
- Matte finish: The TIHK has a black, matte finish that, along with it’s small size, allows it to blend in and stay unnoticed. Hence why “Inconspicuous” earned a spot in the name.
- The Clip: Unlike most other handcuff keys, the TIHK has a built in clip so it can be easily attached to your belt loop. shirt tag, socks, or anything else you can think of. While small, the clip easily slides over fabric, and does not fall off when shaken or disturbed, yet it is easily removed for use.
- Made in the USA: I don’t know about you, but I always get excited when I find a product that I love, and even more excited when I find out that product is made in the US! The TIHK is proudly manufactured in Louisville, KY, and packaged in Seattle, WA. All tools and packaging products are also manufactured in the US.
- Easy to use: My husband and I played around with this key several times, and with two different sets of cuffs. Neither of us have any experience in law enforcement or using handcuffs. We were both able to figure out how to free ourselves within seconds.
What I Didn’t Like
- Flimsy: The TIHK is made of durable plastic. It seems flimsy when you handle it, and I would be afraid that it might break off inside the handcuff if twisted too far. The website, in their FAQ section, mentions that you should not play with the clip to see how far it will bend. However, I will mention that while my husband and I did not TRY to break the key, we did test it several times on two sets of handcuffs, and ours are still intact with no signs of wear on the plastic. Although I feel this is something that could be improved, I don’t think it’s a reason NOT to purchase the TIHK. I still highly recommend it to all of my friends and readers.
Where Can I Get It?
You can buy the Tiny Inconspicuous Handcuff Key at the TIHK website HERE. Choose a from a package of 2 keys, 3, 5, or 10 keys! Use Code BUSYB14 for 10% off! 🙂
OR you can enter the giveaway below for a chance to win a FREE 2-pack of the TIHK 🙂
The TIHK is to only be used to counter illegal detainment and in accordance with all local, state and federal laws by trained law enforcement, military and security professionals. Improper use by civilians is not endorsed or encouraged. Use of the product is at your own personal risk and discretion.
This giveaway is sponsored by TIHK and the following rules apply: One winner will be chosen and that said winner will have 48 hours to reply to the email that is sent to them. Please check your SPAM folder. If the winner does not respond within the 48 hours another winner will be chosen. This giveaway is open to anyone who is 18 years of age or older and must reside in the 48 Continental States. We will only ship to the 48 Continental States. This giveaway starts on Monday August 11th at 12:00 am (CST) and will end on August 18th at 12:00 am (CST). Good luck to everyone!
Sorry, this giveaway is now over. Please check back with The Busy B Homemaker periodically for more giveaways!
What About You?
What methods do you have (besides weapons) to prevent unlawful arrest? or to get away, should you be unlawfully detained? Key words being UNLAWFULLY 🙂