All-Natural Makeup that has good coverage and lasts all day is hard to come by! And nit-picking through “natural” ingredients can be a pain! I get so frustrated when a company claims to be “all-natural” yet their foundation contains itchy, skin irritating bismuth or the vague “fragrance.” After searching for awhile, I think I’ve finally found my perfect, truly natural makeup!
I posted not too long ago about my All Natural Hair Care Solutions, and I had a few people message me about the makeup I used in this picture:
It is, in fact, my all-natural makeup that I love so much! I have been using Faerie Organic Artisan Made makeup for about 4 months now, and couldn’t be happier!
Why I Love Faerie Organics:
- Simple, natural ingredients in every product they offer, and each ingredient is clearly listed on the website before you purchase.
- NO Bismuth, GMOs, parabens, or “fragrance”
- For a mineral powder makeup, it has GREAT coverage that lasts most of the day! I won’t say ALL day. If you have a dinner party after work or something, you might have to touch up a little bit, but in my experience, other mineral options tend to need retouching after at least 4 hours, sometimes sooner. I have never had that problem with Faerie Organics!
- Since they are only an online company, you can’t try out the shades in person; however, you can order a cheap sample kit with several different shades so you’re able to pick the perfect colors for your skin tone. And although the samples are small, they last quite a long time! I used my samples for about a week while I ordered and waited for my real-sized kit to come in the mail, and I still have plenty leftover for traveling!
- They LAST! As with the sample kits, the foundations, blushes, and bronzers last a LONG time. I’ve had my first full sized makeup kit for 4 months, and I’m just now getting low on one of my foundations. I still have more than enough concealer, blush, bronzer, veil, and eyeliner left! They aren’t even half gone yet. I’m willing to bet the blush and bronzer will last at least a year. When I used Almay, I was buying a new foundation, blush, or bronzer every other month!
- The prices, although more expensive than some conventional makeup brands such as Almay or Neutrogena, are very comparable (and often cheaper) than their mineral makeup competitors such as BareMinerals (which contains Bismuth and some other not-so-natural ingredients.) And again, they last much longer than my usual makeup did so I won’t be spending the money to replace products as often.
What I Use:
- Pure Mineral Foundation in “Light” color. I bought a starter kit that came with two foundations (Usually one would be a lighter shade for winter and the other would be a darker shade for summer), but I chose to buy the same shade, one in an “Airbrush” finish, and the other in “Maximum Coverage” finish. I love them both! They are both very light, and don’t feel like you’re hardly wearing makeup, yet makes your skin look flawless! The Maximum Coverage has more of a matte finish, but doesn’t look cakey like some other mineral makeups can get. Note: Faerie Organic offers makeup primers, mineral setting spritzes, and other products to make your makeup last longer. I haven’t tried any of there yet. I do use a small dab of Jojoba Oil before I apply the foundations, but other than that I don’t believe a primer is necessary. I also use the Sheer Veil on top of everything to set it.
- “Ballet Pink” Blush and “Mid-Summer” Bronzer– Both great products with plenty of color to last all day.
- “Fair” Concealer– This concealer works better than I could have ever imagined! I am seriously so impressed with the coverage! I don’t have very bad acne or anything, but I do have the occasional redness or pimple, and when I use this concealer you can not tell it’s there at all. All day long! It certainly works better than any conventional makeup concealer I’ve tried.
- “Bark” Eyeliner- I don’t wear a ton of makeup, especially eye makeup like eye shadows or highlighters, but eyeliner and mascara are two that I won’t go without! (I have blonde eyelashes so I tend to look like a 12 year old boy without them lol) This eyeliner is perfect for me because I can make it look subtle and natural if I want to, or I can make it look more dramatic. Having always used liquid liner, I was skeptical about the powder coming off easily or fading throughout the day, but I’ve had neither of those problems.
- Bambi Eyes Mascara- This was the only product of theirs that was just OK. It wasn’t a terrible mascara, but I’ve used better ones, and I probably won’t be buying it again. Although I’ve only had it for a week or so, I’m really liking the results I’ve had with 100 Percent Pure Fruit Dyed Mascara! It’s more expensive than Faerie Organics, but it’s also a larger tube and I think it will last me much longer.
- I also Use Faerie Organic’s excellent line of Eco Synthetic, Vegan approved Makeup Brushes. They’re probably the best makeup brushes I’ve ever owned, and I couldn’t be happier!
Here is a great video tutorial on how to apply Faerie Organic Makeup. It also showcases just how well the makeup covers and leaves a beautiful, matte finish that looks uuber natural.
What About You?
What kind of makeup do you use? Have you thought about switching to an all-natural makeup, or have you been looking for a good all-natural makeup line? If you’ve tried Faerie Organic, please let me know your personal feedback!
Please note: I am NOT an affiliate partner with Faerie Organics, and do not gain anything from recommending their products to you. I just happen to really enjoy them and wanted to share my thoughts 🙂